Friday, September 24, 2010

K.T. Penn Exposed

I have had my fair share of irritating debates with debunkers, but this is one for the books. K.T. Penn, a man who has written a book titled Lifting Up the Couch Cushions: Exposing the Loose Change, has some of the oddest beliefs about 9/11 I have ever heard. Mr. Penn is known as "loosechangeexposed" on Youtube, and after commenting on my first video aimed at refuting his claims, he grew increasingly irritated and insisted that I had refuted nothing. Ultimately, he challenged me to make a response video to one particular Youtube video of his. Before jumping into that, let's take a look at some of this man's beliefs about 9/11. We've seen debunkers make some pretty questionable claims, but these claims are nothing short of extraordinary, especially by debunker standards.

Here are claims from a site advertising his book:

K.T. Penn believes Saddam Hussein masterminded the 9/11 attacks.

He believes his book will be included in the 9/11 Commission Report and taught in schools.

He believes the theory that Flight 77's wings folded back as it hit the Pentagon, allowing it to enter the building.

Some claims he made to me on Youtube:

He believes he is smarter than the 1300 architects and engineers for 9/11 truth.

He believes that I am apparently a "foreign douche."

And probably his oddest belief of all:



Anyway, here's the video he challenged me to refute. It supposedly proves what caused the damage on the lobby floor of the North Tower.



Now, I acknowledge that the issue of the lobby damage is controversial, but Mr. Penn's theory is completely wrong. I tried to post a link on the video in the comments section that refuted his claim, but...

Here's the picture I tried to link him to:



No matter how many times I sent him this picture, he still didn't believe me and claimed I had to make a video response. Well, I did just that.



Surprise surprise, he still doesn't believe me. I informed him I was done discussing the issue, as there are obviously more logical people I could be debating with. Hopefully no one will be stupid enough to be buying his book, but you never know. One odd thing I noticed though. For some reason, K.T. Penn apparently charges more money for a used book than a new one.



WTF?