email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7561 4830
Facebook | Twitter
NATO comes to the UK to make war plans: Week of protests
The NATO summit is only a few days away. 60 world leaders, including Barack Obama, meet in the UK on 4-5 September to plan their war on the world. From 30 August protesters will flock to South Wales for international actions including a national demonstration on 30 August, counter summits, and a week-long peace camp.
We're already seeing how the summit is shaping up. Today's Guardian suggests David Cameron is planning to join Barack Obama in air strikes on Iraq and Syria. They plan to use the summit to whip up support for new wars in the Middle East. They also want to reverse the defeat suffered by Cameron in parliament last year when it voted not to go to war with Syria.
In addition, the summit will be the occasion to further extend Nato's reach into eastern Europe, with the proposals to build nato bases in the Baltic states. The only non-Nato country head of state at the summit is the Ukrainian president, a clear sign of Nato's central involvement there.
Meanwhile Cardiff and Newport are in lockdown to try to prevent protestors opposing the Nato warmongering agenda. Thousands of people from Wales and across the country will be embarking on a week of protest across the two cities. Please support as many of these events as you can.
Timetable of Events, transport, peace camp
- You can see a full timetable for the No to Nato events at our website, here: http://bit.ly/1qhhfe1
- Book transport going to Wales from London and elsewhere, here: http://bit.ly/1qhhA07
- There is a peace camp (bring your own tent!) from Friday 29 August for people who wish to stay in Newport for the week. Full details here: http://bit.ly/1libFb4
National Demonstration in Newport
We urge people who can to attend the national demonstration on Saturday 30 August (see transport going to Wales from London and elsewhere, here: http://bit.ly/1qhhA07
On the first day of the NATO Summit on Thursday 4 September there demonstrations in Newport and Cardiff. More details here: http://bit.ly/1licDEr
If you are unable to make the trip to Newport or Cardiff, there will be a live blog of Saturday's demonstration, here: http://sfy.co/sehG
Help us cover the cost of the No To Nato - No New Wars events
If you can't be with us in Wales for the No To Nato events, please consider making a donation to help us cover the extensive costs of transport, staging, banners, publicity and all the other expenses for the week.
- Donate Online: http://bit.ly/1zLyzsP
- Donate by Phone: For debit/credit card or bank transfer call 020 7561 4830
- Donate by Post: Make cheques payable to: Stop the War
Coalition. Send to: Stop the War Coalition, 86 Durham Rd, London
N7 7DT UK
Join Stop the War
Becoming a Stop the War member is one of the best ways to support our anti-war campaigns. Please consider joining and help us grow. Membership costs as little as £2 a month. Join Stop the War here: http://bit.ly/1sv68R2
Latest articles on the Stop the War website
The Stop the War website is updated with new articles every day. We provide links to all new postings on our Twitter: https://twitter.com/STWuk and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
New articles posted recently are:
- Pink Floyd's Roger Waters: The moral perversity of US support for Israel. By Roger Waters: http://bit.ly/1lidjtf
- So, I asked the Russian ambassador to the US if he thought NATO should be disbanded. By David Swanson: http://bit.ly/1lidmoZ
- Nato on the warpath in Ukraine boasts of its military exercises threatening Russia. By Lindsey German:http://bit.ly/1lidvsw
- Gaza massacre in numbers: What Israel did in 50 days of brutal bombardment. The Independent: http://bit.ly/1lideWA
- Inconvenient truth – the West's intervention in Syria is key reason for growth of ISIS. By Ian Sinclair: http://bit.ly/1lid3KW
Stop the War Coalition | email@example.com | 020 7561 4830